FACE PAINTING DISCLAIMER – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- We follow a strict code of practice regarding hygiene. All equipment is cleaned thoroughly after each event.
- To ensure that health and hygiene standards are maintained, we ask that our products remain untouched by anyone other than the members of the team. Please ensure that children are supervised at all times.
- All products used are water based, and tested for use on the skin. They comply with EU regulations. However, please note that all cosmetics can, on rare occasions, cause allergic reactions and we accept no liability for this.
- If the person to be painted has not been painted before or has sensitive skin, it is possible that face painting may cause irritation. Please therefore ask for a patch test. If there is no reaction after 15 minutes, the person may be painted. It is your responsibility to advise us of any sensitivity prior to painting and we accept no liability for irritation caused.
- We will only paint a child that is 2 at our discretion and not upon the request of the guardian. However, in these cases the arm or hand may be painted upon request and if the child can sit unaided and are happy to do so. No force should be given from a guardian and no sitting on laps.
- WE DO NOT PAINT CHILDREN UNDER 2 YEARS OLD.
- At private events/parties, it is the responsibility of the organiser to ensure that the permission of parents/guardians is obtained prior to children being painted.
- At an event we attend outdoors, it is the responsibility of the event organiser to provide adequate cover to allow for all weather conditions, to include and not exhaustive for Sun/wind/rain. This is to protect the artists and the customers, as we follow a strict health and safety policy and risk assessments. If the cover is a gazebo, this must be securely fastened and any guide ropes should be clearly visible and not cause a tripping hazard.
- We do not bring our our own cover such as a gazebo, due to the risk of it being damaged during high winds or taking off and injuring a person. This is in accordance with our our Health & Safety Policy.
- Should we attend an event where adequate cover is not provided, we reserve the right to leave and full payment will still be applicable.
- We reserve the right to refuse to paint the face of any person who appears unwell or with medical conditions such as, but not limited to, cold sores, psoriasis, open wounds, broken skin, conjunctivitis or other eye infections, runny nose, infected skin, headlice.? In these circumstances we are able to paint, at the artists’ discretion, the arm or hand of that person. (We now also include Covid19 within our policies and refuse the right not to paint anyone who we may think may be unwell due to the Covid virus)
- We take no responsibility for the welfare or safety of persons waiting to be painted. Please ensure that children waiting to be painted are supervised at all times.
- Face paints are easily removed with soap and water. Baby wipes are not recommended as these may cause allergic reactions when used on the face.
- Some paints may leave a slight tint on the skin which should fade in a day or so.
- All paints used are water-based and as such should not stain clothing. However, we will not be held liable for any damage to clothing or property. Should this occur please cold soak the item prior to washing.
- Photographs will not be used without parental/guardian consent. Any photographs taken will be used for promotional purposes only and identities will not be revealed to third parties. A complimentary copy can be emailed to the parent/guardian upon request.
- We will not paint any person (regardless of age) against their wishes including sleeping children.
- We will not paint anything that the artist deems?to be offensive, obscene and/or inappropriate for the event or group.
- Please do not eat or drink whilst being painted.
- Verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated.
- All persons wishing to be painted must be presented with a clean, dry face.
- Once the queue has been closed, no-one else will be painted.
- We have public liability insurance of 5 million. A copy of the policy may be seen upon request
- We now reserve the right to ask our customers to sanitise their hands before being painted and this will be provided by ourselves and where possible we will organic products.
Cancelled engagements within 8 weeks prior to the party date will attract a fee of 50% of the total fee payable. 100% will be due if not giving at least 8 week’s notice. Once the booking has been confirmed in writing, either via Facebook/Email or any other forms of social media, this booking will be classed as confirmed booking. This will include whether a deposit has been paid or not, the cancellation policies will be enforced. It is up to the customer to check our policies and we do not have to advise you directly of our terms and conditions, as it should be seen as reasonable for a business of this nature to have strict cancellation policies put in place. Should the payments not be made, we reserve the right to recover our costs via a third party.
The only exception would be adverse weather conditions via the Met office) the full balance will be bot be applied but a percentage only of 50%.
We also require a non-refundable deposit/booking fee payment of 50% of the party/event package booked with Cheltenham Face Painting. This will also be payable for Corporate events where no deposit has been secured but a booking fee confirmed. We do not accept 30 day payments unless otherwise agreed with our corporate clients in writing.
Once correspondence has been received confirming a booking this will form the contract and this could be via Social media or email or text message.
This also relates to Corporate bookings paying in full via 30 days (Normal payments terms are to be be made by receipt of invoice)
With regards to corporate bookings, should we be late due to unforeseen circumstances such as a traffic incident but can attend the majority of an event, we would expect no deductions to be made. If the event organiser has any queries or wishes to make deductions, this should be discussed at the beginning of the event, so we can decide whether we agree to this. We can also discuss if we are in a position to make up the lost time. Cheltenham Face Painting work at speed but with finesse and always make up any lost time in the event of any unforeseen delays.
Should anyone have any queries with any of the above please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss.